The price of the tour is from *2,800.00 NZD per person, based on 10 guests.
Transportation - Vortex Air on a Cessna Caravan aircraft.
This tariff is per person, based on twin share occupancy. For a firm quotation of cost dates and availability must be confirmed. All prices and bookings are subject to the booking conditions you will find on the Eighth Wonder Travel website: www.eighthwonder.travel
YOUR PRICE INCLUDES:
A total of 3 nights accommodation at the following selected Lodges:
Cape Wickham Links - 5x Deluxe Suites (1 night)
Lost Farm - 5x Ocean View Suites (2 nights)
Eighth Wonder Travel have included the following superb courses to enjoy. Carts are available at Cape Wickham and Ocean Dunes, and pull carts are only available at Lost Farm and Barnbougle Dunes.
1x round at Cape Wickham Links
1x round at Ocean Dunes Golf Course
1x round at Lost Farm Golf Course
1x round at Barnbougle Dunes
Luxury transfers included during your visit:
Private charter flight from Moorabbin Airport to King Island Airport to Barnbougle Airstrip to Essendon Airport known as the Bass Straight Triangle.
All ground transfers on King Island and around Barnbougle.
Ground transfer from Essendon Airport to Melbourne International Airport.
YOUR TOUR DOES NOT INCLUDE
International airfares to and from Melbourne, Australia. The Eighth Wonder Travel office would be delighted to assist you with your international airline reservations. Please contact us for further information
Cost of obtaining passports or visas
Meals and drinks for the duration of your trip
Carts or pull carts for each round
Items of a personal nature (room service, communication charges, spa services, laundry etc)
Travel insurance (strongly recommended)
Gratuities for any part of your travel
Activities you may wish to add on to your trip
Domestic flights allow two bags per traveller with a maximum weight allowance of 23kg per bag for checked baggage (including golf clubs) and 7kg per person for hand luggage. Baggage and personal effects are taken at owner’s risk throughout the tour, and baggage insurance is strongly recommended. Please consult your international air carrier for its specific restrictions regarding weight limits and baggage allowance.
REGISTRATION AND CANCELLATION
Once a booking is confirmed then a 50% deposit is due. Final payment is due 10 days prior to arrival. Cancellations must be received by Eighth Wonder Travel in writing. If cancellation is required then we will charge a NZD $1,000.00 non-refundable fee for the group, plus any cancellation charges incurred from our suppliers.
It is advisable that all participants take out comprehensive travel, medical, cancellation, curtailment and default insurance for the duration of the trip. Due to the remote and wild areas that will be visited, it is vital that all participants are covered for emergencies and other unforeseen circumstances. Eighth Wonder Travel will not be held responsible for participants travelling without insurance.
SPECIAL NOTICE FOR GOLFERS TRAVELLING TO AUSTRALIA
Australia's rural-based economy requires strict bio-security, so it is important for golfers to enter the country with clean golf shoes and clean golf clubs. Anyone arriving with golf clubs and/or golf shoes will be diverted to quarantine inspection upon arrival in Australia. With clean shoes, clubs, and golf bags/travel covers, the inspection time should simply be a matter of minutes. For golfers with traces of dirt or grass, bio-security staff may clean the items and fines may be imposed on the spot. To ensure a speedy entrance, ensure that clubs, shoes, golf bags, and travel covers are free from dirt and grass.
What Aircraft will we be travelling in?
- Cessna Grand Caravan: This aircraft can carry up to 12 passengers with greater luggage capacity. The aircraft is very well suited to remote operations in Australia, with rugged construction, excellent short field performance and good payload. Powered by one of the most reliable engines ever made, the PT6 Turboprop; the Caravan offers a smooth, quiet and comfortable ride whilst also being one of the most reliable and safest aircraft in the world.
Will the aircraft fit our luggage?
- Yes! The plane has enough room for your golf bag and 1-2 suitcases per person.
Why are we landing at Essendon Airport and not Moorabbin?
- Given that the group will be flying from Melbourne Intl. Airport on Saturday, you will be landing at Essendon Airport which is located a lot closer to Melbourne Intl. Airport than Moorabbin.
Does the package include everything?
- Has highlighted above the package includes 3 nights accommodation, all ground transfers including Essendon to Melbourne Airport, and 4x rounds of golf. This package doesn't include any meals except 1x continental breakfast at Cape Wickham.
What will the weather be like in Feb/March?
- This is generally the best time of year to visit Tasmania, with long periods of sunshine and temperatures ranging from 14-26 degrees celsius. However, due to both locations being very exposed to the elements, their is a strong chance of high winds and showers.
Does the package include golf carts or pull buggies?
- No! But this can be easily done on request. Given that most of you like to walk when playing, we have given you the option of golf carts (only available at Cape Wickham and Ocean Dunes) or pull buggies at every course. This can be confirmed closer to the date.